Thursday, September 18, 2014

Vietnam & Possiblities

If you keep up on international adoption, you know that Vietnam reopened for international adoption this week. The agency that I used to adopt Meili, Dillon International, is one of 2 agencies selected to perform international adoptions. I highly recommend them. But this post isn't about them.


Currently, Vietnam is open to single women and single women with 2+ children. Hence, I would qualify without getting any special permission or whatever from the government (unlike China). Adopting another child has been on my mind a lot in the recent months. Particularly as this pregnancy as progressed. This baby will be 1/2 Vietnamese. Meili is full Chinese. A sibling of similar heritage would be ideal. I'm not saying that I'm going to jump in and send in an application. But it is something that is simmering in the back of my old young brain. I do want to keep up with what's going on and let the more adventurous families go ahead of me. 

Maybe in a year to 18 months...

No comments:

Post a Comment